Having healthy diet whilst on the road can be extremely difficult… there are a few easy ways to combat this;
1. Substituting certain snacks:
- Taking natural popcorn instead of lollies
- Making homemade sweet potato chips instead of a purchased bag of chips
- Replacing milk chocolate for dark chocolate
2. Meals once you’ve reached your destination…
It’s hard to resist the temptation of a microwave meal or popping down to the local shops to grab some takeaway… BUT don’t get too set in your unhealthy “easy-fix.” healthy dinners can be just as easy without any mess! By using a single-use biodegrade grill with some pre-made cous cous salad, you can have a home cooked meal no matter where you are!
Some easy camping recipes:
- Halloumi burgers: Brioche buns, lettuce, tomato, hummus & Halloumi.
- Baked potatoes
- Grilled sweet potato with caramelized onions
Having ideas or food prep before you leave is extremely easy and makes camping or even free camping so much easier.